Instant analysis of key stage results
A new course for primary schools
Over the last 12 months Capita have introduced a new set of marksheets and reports to take your data analysis deeper than ever before. This course shows you how to import and use these exciting new resources to give you a more complete view of your primary school's data.
- This course will show you how to download the resources provided by Capita
- How to create school marksheets from the templates provided by Capita
- How to use SIMS to calculate a pupil's estimated KS2 scaled score from their KS1 prior attainment group (PAG)
- Calculate the 'value added' or progress that a pupil has made by comparing the estimated scaled score with their actual scaled score
- Analyse the percentage of pupils achieving the standard across reading, writing and maths combined
- Calculate and analyse the percentage of pupils achieving the required standard at KS1
- Indicate analyse the pupils who attained a 'good level of development' (GLD) at the end of the reception year
These new SIMS resources also include a set of reports that extract the data calculated in each marksheet and automatically create a set of spreadsheets to analyse the data.
I'm an independent SIMS and Power BI consultant working with schools for over 10 years. I spend lots of time in different schools, talking about the best ways to use SIMS and Power BI and creating effective assessment and analysis systems. I run a popular assessment manager blog full of tips and trick for data managers in schools.