In this digital download, you will get access to the Power BI template file that constitutes School Analytics Core and Attendance modules. You will also get access to a set of SIMS reports that create the data files for Power BI plus full instructions on configuring it to your school's drive and subdirectories.
A note about OneDrive
TLDR: If your school already uses OneDrive for Business, don't choose this version!
Before you purchase this version, check that your school uses OneDrive for Business. OneDrive for Business links to SharePoint behind the scenes. Power BI can use SharePoint to access the files created by SIMS very effectively, making it easy to keep your School Analytics Power BI report updated throughout the day. If you don't have OneDrive for Business, you can purchase this version of School Analytics - it has all the features of the Sharepoint version, but you will need to install a Power BI gateway if you want to automate the daily report refresh. Email [email protected] for more information.
- Before you start
- Installation Files for Core and Attendance (non OneDrive for Business)
- Importing the SIMS Reports (3:02)
- Make a copy of the SIMS reports (1:45)
- Run the SIMS Reports for the First Time (4:18)
- A note about the directory structure (1:55)
- Loading the data into Power Bi for the first time (6:01)
- Automating the SIMS Reports (6:47)
- Automating the Power BI refresh and publish (18:00)
- Sharing Your Report with Colleagues
- Guided Tour for Your Staff
- Power BI Licensing
- Setting up attendance for the new academic year (6:35)
- Using a Power BI gateway to automate refreshes in the Power BI service
- What if I can't install it? I'm happy to arrange a date to install it for you.
- What if we change our minds? You can have a full refund if you let me know within 30 days.
- Can we pay via an invoice? Yes, email your purchase order reference number to [email protected] and I'll get back to you asap.
- Are there any hidden costs? I recommend that school purchase a Microsoft Power BI Pro license to facilitate easy sharing between users in your school. Microsoft will charge £1.70 per user per month.